Friday, June 08, 2007




This spring, Habitat for Humanity had a Birdhouse Benefit Auction. The local chapter gives birdhouses out to area artists so they can embellish them in any way they like. The birdhouses are displayed in a gallery and auctioned off. The money from the auction then goes to support the current Habitat House project. It was great fun to be a part of the show, and I was fascinated to see how other artists responded to the project. The final show included a wide variety of styles and colors, but all the birdhouses were happy moments of creative expression. I was glad to contribute my time and creative energy in support of such a good cause. Since I love shadowboxes and have done several in my mixed media art, I decided to make my birdhouse a shadowbox too. The title of the piece is "A Bird's Eye View." Though I don't know who ultimately bought it, I trust it went to a good home, and I hope whoever has it enjoys the little world created within. If you'd like to see more views of "A Bird's Eye View" you can visit my Image/Text Blog. You'll find the link to it on the sidebar.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lulu Westbrook said...

Hi Jo! So good to hear from you. Congrats on all the progress on your novel! That's fantastic! Hope you had a great sabbatical and I look forward to keeping in touch. : )

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home